CAFII will develop and implement advocacy initiatives to:
- Communicate with consumers, government officials, and the media about the benefits of greater choice in the sale and distribution of insurance products and services.
- Build support among government decision-makers for removing restrictions on the sale, marketing and distribution of insurance products and services by deposit-taking financial institutions.
- Promote the Association as an authoritative and thoughtful alternative voice in discussions of insurance issues.
- Responsive to concerns of consumers, governments, regulators, and other key stakeholders in pursuing the objectives of the Association.
CAFII will also:
- Monitor, analyze and provide information and strategic advice to members regarding government priorities, legislative and regulatory initiatives, and other issues of importance to members.
- Support the training and professional development needs of members to ensure high standards of professionalism in insurance sales and services.
- Undertake research to support Association positions and objectives.
- Provide regular educational forums for members and regulators in both a structured and informal environment