- Identify key insurance issues at the and provincial or federal level and provide regular and timely information updates.
- Provide a forum for development of strategic positions.
- Recommend positions CAFII should support that will allow consistent development of our products and channels.
- Lead lobbying efforts for CAFII constituency.
- Act as a resource base of experts for regulators relative to our unique offerings and distribution channels. This includes providing a national perspective for provincial regulators.
- Provide direction for compliance.
CAFII will focus on issues that fall within the following two overall areas:
- Expanding consumer choice
CAFII members are committed to industry leadership in providing high quality service and products. CAFII promotes allowing expanded choices in insurance products and channels for purchasing those products. For consumers to have choice, they must have ready access to insurance and to information about products and services.
- Effective and efficient regulation
CAFII asserts efforts to minimize regulatory burden while supporting strong consumer protection measures. CAFII works with government to ensure there are appropriate market conduct rules. CAFII supports reliance on disclosure, competition, self-regulation through codes of conduct, risk-based supervision and harmonization amongst the various jurisdictions.